Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
epperly

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I have never watched America's Got Talent but was flipping through channels last night and happened to catch Amanda's audition--I thought she did well, their choreo was cute. I'm a little surprised she has not changed partners with the seemingly ever broadening height difference between the two (given how that can begin to interfere w/posture in ballroom) but I've always thought both of these dancers have some great qualities.

(D'Angelo's little sister was also auditioning with her ballroom partner and they are featured first--he and Amanda start at about 5:10)
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Both of the two dances were great!  These are four very talented dancers!  Loved the storyline and choreography of Amanda and D'Angelo's dance!  They are a great couple.  I imagine it takes quite a while dancing together to make such a wonderful partnership. 
Curandera

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Fantastic!  Great costumes, well-rehearsed and so much fun choreography, no drama, just dance!  Love it!!!

This is what dance competitions should be!
bopmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

She is such a sweet girl and amazing dancer.  My DD and I always love love watching her at the local comps that we attend.
She is a sweetie to the little girls that want to take pictures with her and doesn't seem to be annoyed at all by them.

Her entire studio is known for that style of dance and they are one of the well known studios in the area that do their group dances for yeaaaaaarrrrsssss (solos change though).  They are amazing and I certainly look forward to seeing SOME of them since they are entertaining, however it's getting old for us after 3 years.  

dang now I have to watch another show just to cheer her on.  My DD will be excited to know she is on there. 

Psmom

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #5 
That was so entertaining. Loved everything about it.  Thanks Epperly.
danceit5678

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
What fabulous performers. I loved that.
KatieBsmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curandera
Fantastic!  Great costumes, well-rehearsed and so much fun choreography, no drama, just dance!  Love it!!!<br><br>This is what dance competitions should be!

Exactly!!!
BoosMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
D'Angelo, Amanda's partner won Best Male Dancer in the junior division at the Dance Awards last year.  His sister Ruby, was 1st runner up in the mini division.
epperly

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosMom
D'Angelo, Amanda's partner won Best Male Dancer in the junior division at the Dance Awards last year.  His sister Ruby, was 1st runner up in the mini division.

Thanks for posting that info on D'Angelo, I didn't mean to single Amanda out, they both gave a fantastic performance and are obviously each extremely talented dancers in their own right. (Always impressed by their musicality as well.)

Is anyone familiar with how this show works? Do they go to several cities for audition rounds and then have a group of finalists who compete across several weeks a la something like SYTYCD or are there just audition rounds and a final/semi-final type situation? (ie. if they made it through this round, when will we see them perform on the show again?)

Some of these interdisciplinary talent shows can just be a bit long to sit through in full but I'd be interested to see how these dancers progress in it.
purplerain

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Amanda is a really good dancer. Both Amanda and D'Angelo have been dancing with each other for years. Both are amazing ballroom dancers. Even if Amanda is taller than D'Angelo right now I'm sure D'Angelo will be taller or closer in height with Amanda during the next couple of years.
southernstruttmom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Amazing talent!! Hope they make it far in this season. I remember them on Live to Dance, I fell in love with them.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: