Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
mousefansmom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD, 15, is looking at summer intensives and has put Alonzo King Lines Ballet at the top of her short list.  She will attend the audition in Chicago in January.  Does anyone have any experience with this company?  Looking for any information at all--this is a new one for me....thank you!
tiptoemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I love what I've read about it. There are really good reviews on Ballet talk for Dancers in the Summer Intensive forum.
ballerinamom13

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
A girl from my dd's former studio went 2 summers ago and loved it. She won a full scholarship for the next summer program, but I'm not sure if she went.  I've heard very good things about it.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
My dd has had several friends attend this one, along with dancers who were a little older than she at her old studio. Have only heard very positive things about this SI. A typical comment is that it was "life changing." Though, most of those that I remember attending were a bit older than your dd when they went. 
mom2tall

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
DD knows quite a few who have attended the SI and it is indeed "life changing" according to them. 

A young lady DD danced with is now a company member and traveling the world - very exciting.
mousefansmom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you everyone.  List just got a little longer, as she did not make AKL.  Although disappointed, she handled it amazingly... I was super proud of her attitude.  She knew when she walked out that she likely didn't make it---she just had a bad day.  If anyone knows of other opportunities with contemp focus--please throw them our way.  She made harder ones last year and chose a commercial opportunity instead, so she is really wanting a solid intensive.

tiptoemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Alvin Ailey is the other really big program that we know of. Then maybe college based programs like Point Park. 
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Ailey

Hubbard Street

Complexions

Juilliard (I think just juniors and seniors)

Peridance

NYU (also probably just juniors and seniors)

Boston Conservatory 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: