Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
New2Dance2010

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I don't know where to begin....
My 11 year old DD has been dancing for 8 years and is dreaming of becoming a professional tap dancer. We live in a small town in CT that has one studio. The SO is as nice as can be to her dance children but becomes a real witch with their parents (at least me and a few others I know) and the children never see this, I am in a nice term, not happy with her. Dare I say I can't stand the favoritism- UGH! My DD is so upset with her company and all she wants to do is dance. There are so many things wrong that I don't like at this school, but it's convenient and well known. I am on the hunt for a studio or a professional that can help my daughter achieve her goals. Would ANYONE know what I can do to help her, please

Long story short, lots more BS happening here.
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
If you drive a bit, do you have other options?  I know finding quality tap training can be difficult, but a studio move is easier than most people think if you find a great new studio.
threegirlpileup

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
What about attending some summer programs? Tap Kids in Vermont would be very close to you, and is attended by lots of the tappers we know.
DanceForFun

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
The Boston Tap Company is phenomenal and is holding auditions soon. They also offer summer classes. They have a Facebook page you can check out.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: