Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
DD will be competing at Revolution in Akron this weekend(April 28th-30th). We have never been to this venue before, and neither of us have been to Akron either. Since she's competing as an independent we kinda have to be our own guides, lol!

Any advice? (parking, restaurants, hotels, etc.)

Thanks so much!
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Parking is not the greatest, but there is a lot behind the theater that you can park in.  I wish I could remember the street name that you turn on - but you really can't miss it.  There are a handful of pretty good/interesting restaurants on the main street that the theater is on.  Hotels, we don't usually stay because we are less than an hour from the venue.  Other team memebers have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on E. Market St. and it is pretty close to the venue.  The theater itself is GORGEOUS.  Really one of the coolest places we've been to for a comp - you will have to let me know what you think! There are concessions in the lobby and dressing rooms are downstairs and pretty plentiful.  My DD and her teammates love competing there!  We are sad not to be going this year!  Best of luck and enjoy!
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherDanceMom7
Parking is not the greatest, but there is a lot behind the theater that you can park in.  I wish I could remember the street name that you turn on - but you really can't miss it.  There are a handful of pretty good/interesting restaurants on the main street that the theater is on.  Hotels, we don't usually stay because we are less than an hour from the venue.  Other team memebers have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on E. Market St. and it is pretty close to the venue.  The theater itself is GORGEOUS.  Really one of the coolest places we've been to for a comp - you will have to let me know what you think! There are concessions in the lobby and dressing rooms are downstairs and pretty plentiful.  My DD and her teammates love competing there!  We are sad not to be going this year!  Best of luck and enjoy!

Thank you so much for all of the advice! We had an amazing time and really enjoyed ourselves. We used the street parking, stayed at Hilton Garden Inn, and ate at The Lockview(across the street) and the Spaghetti Warehouse(a few miles away). The theater was gorgeous!
JustAnotherDanceMom7

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsealover

Thank you so much for all of the advice! We had an amazing time and really enjoyed ourselves. We used the street parking, stayed at Hilton Garden Inn, and ate at The Lockview(across the street) and the Spaghetti Warehouse(a few miles away). The theater was gorgeous!

Sounds wonderful! The theater is really cool!  Hope your DD also had a great experience and did well!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.