Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
summer03

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Anyone here happen to have experience with this program? Looking for feedback, and an idea of how many classes a day there are.
Thank you!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Dd ended up not attending, but had been invited multiple years in a row. Many of her local friends have attended in the past, some multiple summers in a row. 

Unless something has changed, there are 2 levels. Each has 2 classes a day. The timing of the classes depends on the level the dancer is placed in. 

summer03

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Wow, only 2 classes per day? Kinda pricey or maybe that is just NYC!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

I think it is still a bit pricey for those two classes. It was $90 a day back when dd considered it. 

For comparison, Manhattan Youth Ballet's August program is a bit over $500 a week, but is a full day program that includes a performance at the end of 3 weeks. Dancers can go for 1, 2 or 3 weeks. 

summer03

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendumom

I think it is still a bit pricey for those two classes. It was $90 a day back when dd considered it. 

For comparison, Manhattan Youth Ballet's August program is a bit over $500 a week, but is a full day program that includes a performance at the end of 3 weeks. Dancers can go for 1, 2 or 3 weeks. 

Do you know if MYB fills up? I emailed them yesterday, but I am thinking they are probably full!
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
It depends on the age. Try calling too. DD went there year round and to the SI, and I know they are short in the office this summer.

How old is your dancer?
summer03

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
She is 14. Did your dd attend the academic year program recently? I am also looking at it as a possible choice for next academic year.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Yes, she did attend the year round recently.  The older ages tend to be where it fills, but not necessarily. It's one of the programs that SAB kids attend too. 

Dd was very happy at MYB. Our only regret was not going there sooner.   
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.