Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
LABaby

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
After competitions & convention weekends, do you get the Monday off in the studio? Or are you expected to be in class? 

For us, we have our classes but we end an hour earlier than usual. However, a substantial amount of kids are absent. 
Beccasmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
We are expected to be in class. The only instance I could see having off would be if there was substantial travel involved; which in our case does not usually happen.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Very often she will give the kids the next day off.
Taar0309

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Never off the next day, nor do I think it's necessary!
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
No way, all classes as normal no matter what.
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Classes go on as scheduled.  

dancedaughters

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
If it was a very long Sunday with very late awards, usually the high schoolers would get the Monday off so they could catch up on homework and/or rest.  Everyone else had class.
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Classes run as usual after comp weekends.
elastigal

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Nope, normal classes on the Monday. And if they can, some normal classes run on the Saturday of comp weekends, or Thursday if the comp is a 4 day event.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Since our classes are not comp specific, classes go as usual.  There is a sometimes a higher than normal absence rate among comp dancers though.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #11 
No change to class schedule after a comp weekend and if you don't show up something will be said.  Granted our comps all tend to end around dinner time on Sunday at the latest.
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
If it is just a comp weekend then we have classes as usual on Monday.  If it is a comp/convention weekend, and we have 5+ each season, then we get Monday off.
Bonbonmama

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Classes as scheduled, except DD doesn't actually have any classes at her level on Mondays anymore. But, all levels who have scheduled classes go on.
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
We frequently have the Monday after off if it was a full comp weekend.  If it's Saturday only, then we have class on Monday.
1tinydancer

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Classes as scheduled. Even if we travel, even if it was a late night, even if pigs start flying.
dave9988

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tinydancer
Classes as scheduled. Even if we travel, even if it was a late night, even if pigs start flying.

LOL!
cynmckee

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
A large percentage of kids at our studio also go to the local PAHS.  There is a required amount of outside dance homework (required weekly dance classes.)  If they gave every Monday off after a competition or convention, those kids would not meet the homework requirements.  It would be bad.
Suzit42

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Classes and rehearsals that are scheduled on Monday are never cancelled, unless it's snowing.
dmjrm4

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #19 
For those of you who have classes on Monday after comp, do any of you have comp/convention together?  I'm asking because after my daughter dances in a Break the Floor convention for an entire weekend, and competes as well, she is pretty much comatose on Mondays, and I have to work hard to get her to go to school.  I'm so grateful we have Mondays off dance if there is a comp/convention combo weekend.  Do your dancers do okay in class on Mondays after a comp/convention  combo?
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Luckily this year my daughter did not have Monday classes. But we do have a competition in Sacramento in 2 weeks, which is a 2-3 hour drive to where we live. Looking at a schedule for this weekend, they have 9:45 pm Awards on Sunday. If that occurs in Sacramento, I am adding Sunday night to our Hotel reservation and take a vacation day on Monday.

Her last day of school is tomorrow so we won't have to worry about missing school.
Jerseyboymom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Nope! Our comp classes only meet once a week, so that would unfairly affect the Monday classes (which are mostly tap classes at our studio). However, DS no longer taps, so he doesn't dance on Mondays...so he gets a break, but the tappers don't.
Taffygirl

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjrm4
For those of you who have classes on Monday after comp, do any of you have comp/convention together?  I'm asking because after my daughter dances in a Break the Floor convention for an entire weekend, and competes as well, she is pretty much comatose on Mondays, and I have to work hard to get her to go to school.  I'm so grateful we have Mondays off dance if there is a comp/convention combo weekend.  Do your dancers do okay in class on Mondays after a comp/convention  combo?

DDs studio still has classes on Monday after comp even if they competed until 11 pm on Sunday night. This makes for very sleep dancers on Monday night!
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjrm4

We pretty much only do BTF comps and the kids are expected to be in class on Monday like usual. Very few take the next day off.
HTownDanceMom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Classes as usual for us too!
hsealover

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Classes as normal at both comp studios we've been to. (unless SO is for some reason not back in time, inclement weather, or a holiday.) However, at current studio, DD doesn't have anything on Mondays, so it works out fine for us. She does online school, still does her work and I go to work.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.