Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
cindystar

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Our SO asked us to purchase double stick tape and eyelash glue for our emergency kits in our dance bags.

Does anyone have advice on brands that work well?
Thanks!!
Intheburbs

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Hollywood Tape for costumes, they have at michaels or fabric stores. usually near the clasps and fasteners...
KimsMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Scotch brand double-sided tape works for us (you can find this in the tapes section of craft or fabric stores).
highlandmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
For eyelash glue I really like the LashGrip you can purchase at Walmart, I have also used the Quo (Canadian Brand) that worked but not as good as the LashGrip. I did not like the clear glue, I liked the glue that goes on white and dries clear.
dancer417

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
How about the "butt glue" I have seen on here before? Where can I find that?
azmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
We use spirit gum, you can get it at Party City...
.::Boo::.

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
bunheads makes the double sided sticky strips, but there is also a roll on body glue that works really well too.
driving2dance

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
We bought a brand of "butt glue" this weekend called It Stays. My dd had to use it on a biketard that kept riding up and it worked beautifully. She said her thighs were really sticky afterwards and it was hard to get her tights on, but at least it kept her covered when it was supposed to.
Midge

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I like the lash glue from MAC (I know, I NEVER recommend MAC but it is the only glue that doesn't irritate DD's eyes.)
dance2damusic

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
It Stays is cheap on amazon--go together with a fw moms--you can get a case for about 1/2 price per bottle. I like Ardell lashes and glue MAC glue is amazing too!
RobinFabulous

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I like the (Revlon?) eyelash glue in a tube. Walmart usually has it, it's a tube that is white and black. Goes on white, dries clear or goes on and dries black (different tube and eliminates the need for eyeliner)
monroedancemom2

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #12 
IT STAYS works great and it is water soluble...baby wipes take off the sticky. Yeah!
It can be purchased at a medical supply/equiptment store..they sell it for the support stockings..lol. I paid $6.99
wbdancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 
We use Duo (it's the glue that MAC sells) but you can get it at CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens as well.
2starzmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I like the hollywood tape strips that you can get at JoAnn's.
Tried the Scotch double sided and the girls said it didn't hold well.
Duo glue for lashes is the best.
dancemonkaymom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Victorias secret sell body tape that we have used.
KimsMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I just remembered that I also got a roll of wig tape at Sally Beauty Supply a few years ago that is very strong.
iPay4Dance

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Carefully test the tape on your DD before using it. Mine had a HUGE allergic reaction to it --hives..swelling...all within seconds of us putting it on her skin and we ended up in the ER. Thankfully it was a dress rehearsal and we had time to come up with an alternative. It was the first time we found out that she was severly allergic to some adhesives. Glad it didn't happen minutes before walking on stage.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #18 
It Stays works great.
cindystar

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Thank you ladies for your replies! You are a wealth of information for this newbie!
Stacibeth

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #20 
We use Fashion-Fix body tape from Sally's and Duo glue from CVS. We have used both of these for 3 years and love both of them.
NewDanceShoes

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #21 
We also use "It Stays" for body glue but we do have one girl on the team who is allergic to it so test it out ahead of time.
KimsMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Medical supply stores where they sell durable medical equipment have It Stays. You'll probably pay more than online, but if you need it quickly, that's where to check. We used it on tights a couple of years ago to hold up leg bands and you see the dried glue. We had a second pair of tights for her other dances, but I don't remember a problem washing it out of the tights for that particular costume. You might want to test this.

(I just realized that the picture that is my avatar has this costume, although you can barely see the leg bands because it's so tiny.)
Girlygirlymom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #23 
I was just coming to post this question I saw one of our costumes has arm bands, I've used butt glue purchased from pageanthub & it worked well for swimwear in a pageant. Tape might be easier to use for the armbands.

For eyelash glue I like Lash grip. I tried the revlon one because I liked the wand applicator, but it didn't hold well at all...
Dancinandlovinit

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #24 
I have tried tape from Hollywood Tape and the brand that Discount Dance sells (I wanna say Bunheads but I'm not sure) as well as It Stays with NO luck.  Aside from fusing the material to her skin with an iron (I'm kidding, but not really), I have not found anything that doesn't just pop right off.  

We use that eyelash glue that comes with the Ardell lashes and it works fine for us.  
My3girls357

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Ok so I'm looking in Amazon for "it stays" and there are several brands- Ames, Jobst, Bell- Horne- does it matter which brand?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.