Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
lbgarner

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My DD 8 is doing an open/acro solo this year. I am having the hardest time finding the costume I envision. I cannot find it on any costume websites. I am thinking we may customize.  I want a  leotard with sparkle. Any customized companies(or alternate ideas) you all recommend? Thanks for any help- I'm pulling my hair out after hours of searching.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Not knowing what you're looking for exactly...

I would find a leotard that you like in the style and color that you envision and then I'd customize it myself.  I'd add lace appliques and rhinestones to complete the image that you are imaging. 

There are a ton of gorgeous leos out there that you could simply rhinestone yourself.

It's fun and easy to create your own costume and it will turn out exactly how you envisioned.
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #3 
When you say 'sparkle', do you mean adorned with stones or more of a sparkly/shimmery type fabric.    

lovemykids

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I would just suggest that you keep the choreography in mind when thinking about adding a lot of stones. If she has a lot of floor work like chin stands and other contortion. a lot of stones on the bodice might bother her or hurt her
nyklane

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Just saw some with sparkly legs.  I will come back and tell you which catalog!
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
If there is a lot of contortion where you want to make sure EVERYTHING stays covered you might want to consider a biketard (I don't know what the correct term is) that comes with shorts attached.
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Buy a Leo you like and stone it the way you want.
lbgarner

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi459
When you say 'sparkle', do you mean adorned with stones or more of a sparkly/shimmery type fabric.    

Either one really
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgarner
Either one really

Then I wonder if you searched for gymnastic leos as opposed to dance leos?  Lots of sparkly, shiny fabrics there.  Less so with leos designed specifically with dancers in mind.
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Just for Kix has a lot of leos/unitards that could work as a costume. 
rubydancemom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
momcrew, that is what I was going to say, Just for Kix. DD is wearing one for her contemporary solo this year. They often have discount codes you can use on them as well. A current working code for 10% off is SECRET10.
lbgarner

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydancemom
momcrew, that is what I was going to say, Just for Kix. DD is wearing one for her contemporary solo this year. They often have discount codes you can use on them as well. A current working code for 10% off is SECRET10.

Thank you!
momcrew

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydancemom

We're using one this year for her costume too. I actually bought it from a resale group on FB for half the price but looked on Just for Kix to make sure the size worked. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.