Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
dance010

Avatar / Picture

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 189
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all, Last year my daughter attended the Joffrey Ballet School Summer Intensive. It was the only one she auditioned for. This year she auditioned for Joffrey and the Rockettes Summer Intensive. We found out a few days ago that she got into the Joffrey intensive. We don't find out about the Rockettes Intensive until April. It says the registration deadline for Joffrey is in a few weeks. This must be a problem that happens often with people who audition for multiple Summer Intensives a year. Wondering how you deal with this? Cant decide on the intensive until we hear from the next one, but this one has a deadline that is in 2 weeks!!
Haha hope this makes sense! Thank you!
0
Motherhem

Avatar / Picture

PREMIUM MEMBER
Registered:
Posts: 100
Reply with quote  #2 
I do understand. I take it she would rather go to the Rockets SI.

I read an article in point magazine about this. They suggest asking for an extension. But you can explain that you will not have all the responses in at the deadline. You may or may not get it.

You have two other options from what I can see. You can place the deposit down for Joffrey, just in case she does not get into the other one. But that could be expensive and you may lose it if you choose the other one.

The last option is to take your chances and let the Joffrey deadline pass.

Good luck!
0
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,682
Reply with quote  #3 
Trust me you have months to accept Joffrey. The final deadline will come and go many times and they will keep extending it.
0
nyklane

Avatar / Picture

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 281
Reply with quote  #4 
I concur with dancermom128, you have months to accept.  My daughter auditioned in January I believe.  Her reply date has come and gone and I still am getting emails to accept along with discounts on pricing.   Joffrey is a very large program so it seems they can be more flexible and want to fill it as much as possible.
0
leapdaymom

Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #5 
We are having the same problem and have been navigating overlapping deadlines for intensives. Still waiting to hear from the Rockettes...they told us initial emails will go out by end of March and registration continues through April. My daughter auditioned in January for Joffrey. I had emailed Joffrey and they gave us an extension of a month...but that date has come and gone. They told me the NYC Jazz & Contemporary program will start to fill by May. (Not sure if that is true, but I have read that the NYC programs fill faster.) She is excited to be heading to Urbanity in Boston later in the summer...now just trying to figure out the first half.

Was very glad to find this forum when I started looking for feedback on summer intensives.
0
mic123

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #6 
I agree with the others.  I wouldn't worry about the Joffrey deadline.  You will continue to get emails. 
Not only that, but my daughter went a few years ago and the following year she didn't even audition but we received an email saying she was accepted.
0
nowmomto3

Avatar / Picture

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 649
Reply with quote  #7 
I will say that I checked and in the past the RSI acceptances came in mid to late March.  Hopefully you will be getting that in the next couple of weeks!

My D didn't audition last year, but I checked and in 2016- the email went out 3/9 and in 2015- 3/17.
0
dance010

Avatar / Picture

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 189
Reply with quote  #8 
thank you so much for all your comments and advice. Side question: if my daughter does not get accepted into RSI, will we get a letter stating that, or just hear nothing at all?
0
Ecourtney

PREMIUM MEMBER
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #9 
We don’t have experience with the Rockettes but we’ve done tons of other SI auditions and have always received an email one way or the other.
0
nowmomto3

Avatar / Picture

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 649
Reply with quote  #10 
I do think they are contacted via email no matter what. Good luck!
0
Ladifitz1

PREMIUM MEMBER
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #11 
Rockettes email said alternates for summer intensive would be considered by April 20. Has anyone heard ?
0
dance010

Avatar / Picture

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 189
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladifitz1
Rockettes email said alternates for summer intensive would be considered by April 20. Has anyone heard ?


We are in  the same boat and haven't gotten anything yet either [confused]. Will keep posted if we hear anything.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.