Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 19      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
dancemama21

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 464
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by savgirlsmom
I really don't think any of the dancers are truly spectacular.  I stand by my earlier post that this show is going to be all about the momma drama.


I completely disagree with this statement. If you have the time look up Brianna Haire I dont think the show did her justice her dancing is spectacular and her mother isn't about the drama. I didn't see any real drama at all the one little argument we saw was really nothing. I really enjoyed this show. 
0
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,400
Reply with quote  #52 
Not sure if I'm a fan of the show yet. The gap in ages really makes it hard to compare the girls. Asia is VERY good for a 6 year old, but that is because she has a bunch of tricks. If this week was really about technique then she would have been gone. Like Savgirlsmom said, I really don't think any of them are standing out right now as truly amazing. You could walk into just about any studio in Vegas and find a junior kid with a crazy mother at or above their level. The moms are all annoying so far.
0
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,565
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemama21
Quote:
Originally Posted by savgirlsmom
I really don't think any of the dancers are truly spectacular.  I stand by my earlier post that this show is going to be all about the momma drama.


I completely disagree with this statement. If you have the time look up Brianna Haire I dont think the show did her justice her dancing is spectacular and her mother isn't about the drama. I didn't see any real drama at all the one little argument we saw was really nothing. I really enjoyed this show. 


We have been watching Brianna Haire for years on YouTube, she is absolutely phenomenal!! We were actually surprised that she even did the show. I hope she wins, she seems like a class act and even replied to my daughter on Instagram last night. Team Brianna all the way!!
0
dancemama21

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 464
Reply with quote  #54 
I took my nieces and dd to California last summer (we competed in the showstoppers california nationals and viewed some other competitions stayed for over a month with family). We got to see brianna in action and my oldest niece was elated to meet her! she was so nice to her and they took a pic i'll post if I can find on fb hehe.  
0
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,565
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemama21
I took my nieces and dd to California last summer (we competed in the showstoppers california nationals and viewed some other competitions stayed for over a month with family). We got to see brianna in action and my oldest niece was elated to meet her! she was so nice to her and they took a pic i'll post if I can find on fb hehe.  


awesome. we are brianna haire groupies 
0
theyarg

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,177
Reply with quote  #56 
Didn't watch it, but my dd does the big flower in her hair thing alot, especially for dance class.  I guess she sees it as her special touch to her dance outfits.
0
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,565
Reply with quote  #57 
my dd is obsessed with the flowers for dance! i joke that she is more accessorized for dance than school!!
0
GMA

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 493
Reply with quote  #58 
Oh yes...big flowers.  


0
oldsailor

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 414
Reply with quote  #59 
I'm undecided on this one so far.  So far it seems a bit like a cross between Survivor and SYTYCD.  
0
GMA

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 493
Reply with quote  #60 
I think there's a lot of phony with the adults.  Kelly Jones' reaction to seeing Abby "for the first time"?  COME ON.  She owns a studio.  She's never met her?  Or worse yet...she worships Abby like she's a star?  I peed myself laughing watching how fake that reaction was.  
0
whydance

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 241
Reply with quote  #61 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMA
I think there's a lot of phony with the adults.  Kelly Jones' reaction to seeing Abby "for the first time"?  COME ON.  She owns a studio.  She's never met her?  Or worse yet...she worships Abby like she's a star?  I peed myself laughing watching how fake that reaction was.  


I thought the same thing.  Lots of lines and "acting", but the kids are cute.  We will watch.  My dd loves watching any and all dance type shows.
0
notime

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,314
Reply with quote  #62 
"You've got to risk it, to get the biscuit"????  Obviously Hadley and her mom haven't been watching Honey Boo Boo... Biscuit takes on a whole new connotation now. 
0
GMA

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 493
Reply with quote  #63 
and this line, "you gotta risk it if you want the biscuit!"  I personally don't watch Honey Boo Boo, but I've heard about the biscuit, LOL!!  
0
GMA

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 493
Reply with quote  #64 
LOL - notime, jinks!!!  
0
dancermommyof4

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 395
Reply with quote  #65 
We watched last night and will probably continue watching because my girls loved seeing the dancing. DD13 wasn't really all that into it but the other 3 were.  They have watched Jordyn on youtube lots of times and think she is just the best thing since sliced bread.
0
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,565
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermommyof4
We watched last night and will probably continue watching because my girls loved seeing the dancing. DD13 wasn't really all that into it but the other 3 were.  They have watched Jordyn on youtube lots of times and think she is just the best thing since sliced bread.


jordyn was at pulse last year working as a protege and this year will be an elite protege, we are hoping to see her again!
0
whydance

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 241
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by savgirlsmom
I really don't think any of the dancers arehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWRuVIRShzk&feature=relmfu truly spectacular.  I stand by my earlier post that this show is going to be all about the momma drama.


I disagree.  This little girl is 11.  I see lots of talent! 



More talent... This little girl is 6. 


For 6 I would have to say this little girl is spectacular.  Her mom didn't act  like a drama momma either. 
0
gymanddance

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,400
Reply with quote  #68 
I will say that this competition brings up something interesting. Both Asia and Jordyn look amazing in the above youtube clips. They performed their solos beautifully and Asia especially showed some moves I wouldn't know she had from watching last nights show. It's interesting to watch these obviously very successful comp dancers be put in a situation where they have to pick up choreography quickly and perform in on the same day. That is what professional dancers are expected to do. It will be difficult for Asia. She is 6..... just remembering a solo at 6 that you practice each week is hard for most 6 year olds. Thank you for sharing those youtube clips, though. I have a new respect for these girls and their talent. Judged them too quickly off what I saw on one episode.
0
ceme2260

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,135
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMA
I think there's a lot of phony with the adults.  Kelly Jones' reaction to seeing Abby "for the first time"?  COME ON.  She owns a studio.  She's never met her?  Or worse yet...she worships Abby like she's a star?  I peed myself laughing watching how fake that reaction was.  


I thought it intersting that in their 'Bio' it doesn't even mention that she is a studio owner.  If it's going to talk about the dance backgrounds of the moms, I would think that would be an important detail to include.
0
heidi459

Avatar / Picture

Diamond Member
Registered:
Posts: 5,708
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whydance
Quote:
Originally Posted by savgirlsmom
I really don't think any of the dancers arehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWRuVIRShzk&feature=relmfu truly spectacular.  I stand by my earlier post that this show is going to be all about the momma drama.


I disagree.  This little girl is 11.  I see lots of talent! 



More talent... This little girl is 6. 


For 6 I would have to say this little girl is spectacular.  Her mom didn't act  like a drama momma either. 







.
The girl shows great promise, sure, but some of the facial expressions and moves were alittle inappropriate for a 6 yo IMO.  I don't get the need for that in a little girl's dance and have little respect for a mother who ok's it.
0
fawn

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 137
Reply with quote  #71 
Not a fan of the show yet! There are some familiar names but it's not like they are the top dancers around. Kelly Jones isn't my favorite mom on the show so far - Jordyn is a cutie though! I think it's odd that in real life she'd leave her young son & move to CA to make her kid a "star". So maybe that's why I'm not getting a good vibe from her.I couldn't imagine splitting my family up for one childs career but I'm not in that position so it's easy for me to say I would never do it. I also think she closed her studio in MI down this summer.
0
savgirlsmom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,108
Reply with quote  #72 
Let me clarify... Based on the dancing on the two shows last night, I didn't feel anyone was truly spectacular.  I didn't you tube them to see what they may be truly capable of.
0
savgirlsmom

Avatar / Picture

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 4,108
Reply with quote  #73 

And I won't comment about the innapropriateness of a 6 year old doing some of those dance moves...
Oops, I commented

0
4boysmom

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,227
Reply with quote  #74 
Me neither 
0
dancermom128

High Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,565
Reply with quote  #75 
Quote:
Originally Posted by savgirlsmom

And I won't comment about the innapropriateness of a 6 year old doing some of those dance moves...
Oops, I commented

Oh My! I wouldn't even want my 13 year old doing that dance!!! What's wrong with people who think that is ok???!!! 
Watch Brianna, much more age appropriate dances!
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: