Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
LABaby

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Well, I'm sure she'll look good in orange. Hopefully this means she's off Dance Moms now.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2016/06/21/dance-moms-star-abby-lee-miller-to-plead-guilty-to-fraud/86184026/

melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
She plead guilty. Probably has a deal, so won't see much jail time. Just like the real housewives from NJ woman who only ended up serving 8 months, IIRC.
joriebelle

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Wow.  I'm wondering how much jail time she'll serve, if any.
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
It seems crazy to put her in jail. The consequence does not seem appriopriate for the crime.

The crime amounts to her keeping money from the tax department but at the end of the day, spending time in jail is just going to cost the tax department plenty more. Why is she not out in a position whe she can continue to earn money and pay what she owes back.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Yeah the fact that she plead guilty means she took a plea deal. 

I'm not sure if she deserves jail or not but tax evasion is how they were able to put Al Capone away lol!
disneymom2two

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacaranda
It seems crazy to put her in jail. The consequence does not seem appriopriate for the crime. The crime amounts to her keeping money from the tax department but at the end of the day, spending time in jail is just going to cost the tax department plenty more. Why is she not out in a position whe she can continue to earn money and pay what she owes back.

I agree.  Have her do community work in addition to paying the money back; putting her in jail seems more a burden on the taxpayer than necessary.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom2two

I agree.  Have her do community work in addition to paying the money back; putting her in jail seems more a burden on the taxpayer than necessary.

Totally agree.  Keep her out of jail where she can work and garnish her wages so that the money is repaid.
melissa745

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom

Totally agree.  Keep her out of jail where she can work and garnish her wages so that the money is repaid.

This will likely happen also. Jail time, then garnished wages.
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa745

This will likely happen also. Jail time, then garnished wages.

It is still going to cost the American people good tax dollars to keep her inside.
Phx115

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Please just cancel Dance Moms!! That's enough justice for me.
DanceMomof3DDs

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phx115
Please just cancel Dance Moms!! That's enough justice for me.

Just got renewed for a seventh season [rolleyes]
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Wow! Every year I am amazed that they can get another season out of it.
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Wow! Every year I am amazed that they can get another season out of it.

People like to see a train wreck
Sabrina

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
It seems crazy to put her in jail. The consequence does not seem appriopriate for the crime. The crime amounts to her keeping money from the tax department but at the end of the day, spending time in jail is just going to cost the tax department plenty more. Why is she not out in a position whe she can continue to earn money and pay what she owes back.

Please tell me you are joking. Yes, they should take every asset she has AND she should do time in jail.  This woman believes she is untouchable.  Not having her serve time in jail would only perpetuate her own delusion. I pay hefty taxes and I expect that she should as well.

What would her community service be?  Free dance lessons for underprivileged youth? Haven't they suffered enough?
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
I hope there is gossip that comes out from her time in prison.  And if Martha Stewart had to do time then Abby whose crimes are much worse (did you read about how she smuggled cash across the border from Australia) certainly should get time.
Dancinandlovinit

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina

Please tell me you are joking. Yes, they should take every asset she has AND she should do time in jail.  This woman believes she is untouchable.  Not having her serve time in jail would only perpetuate her own delusion. I pay hefty taxes and I expect that she should as well.

What would her community service be?  Free dance lessons for underprivileged youth? Haven't they suffered enough?

It's my understanding that the charges are not tax fraud, but bankruptcy fraud (the same type of charges that the NJ real housewife and her husband did jail time for). They added new charges of international money laundering, apparently...smuggling approximately $120,000 cash from Australia in her and employee's luggage. $10,000 is the max you can bring over without reporting. 
Twinkletoesx2

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancinandlovinit

It's my understanding that the charges are not tax fraud, but bankruptcy fraud (the same type of charges that the NJ real housewife and her husband did jail time for). They added new charges of international money laundering, apparently...smuggling approximately $120,000 cash from Australia in her and employee's luggage. $10,000 is the max you can bring over without reporting. 

Bankruptcy fraud isn't any better. If people aren't held accountable, what's to stop people from charging themselves into oblivion then just filing bankruptcy and thinking they won't have to pay?
dave9988

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tappinmom

The show will continue generating revenue for her while she rests in an orange jump suit. 

Fraud and money laundering aren't things that should be washed away by cleaning up trash from the neighborhood park.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: