Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

gnmdance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I am making a new thread we can start with the judges choices and etc

On little rant I just want to say is about the guy that got hurt! It disgusts me the amount of injuries on this show. Other countries sytycd aren't like this. I feel like the judges/teachers/and competitors arent taking their stretching and preparation seriously. Dance can be very dangerous and many don't think that.

Another thing I want to say is about Erin(the big guy tap dancer). I really respect how he does not have the natural dance "build". By no means am I saying he is fat or anything, he is a perfect normal size and has a perfect normal body weight! Its just different for the dance community and I love how it shows people of all sizes can be great dancers not just the uber skinny folk. But I love how genuine his personality is and glad that he has his opportunity to be in the top 20. 

&& Nico got in! So excited about that! My dd has been dancing on the competition circuit and have competition against him so many times and he is just fantastic! Has great technique and the best sweetest funniest personality ever! Definitely will be routing for him 
notime

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Whoop whoop! Amy Yakima!
lilyzdancemom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
YAY for Nico here too

I'm really happy that THREE tappers are in - that's unheard of. A little disappointed that there are no ballet dancers (unless I missed something).
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by notime
Whoop whoop! Amy Yakima!

I knew you'd be thrilled with this!  Congrats to your whole studio!  How exciting! 
gnmdance

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I'm excited about jasmine mason too! I love watching her dance with mather dance company! she is so talented and loved her in her sonya duo routine!

what studio is amy from?
Psmom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Love that sand dance! That's one of my favorite things about the show. It pushes the boundaries and expands what we think of as dancing.
Dancemomjus

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
DD is so excited about Amy! She screamed when she auditioned and explained to me she knew her from WCDE!
ccryder

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmom
Love that sand dance! That's one of my favorite things about the show. It pushes the boundaries and expands what we think of as dancing.

I agree!
notime

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmymom
Quote:
Originally Posted by notime
Whoop whoop! Amy Yakima!

I knew you'd be thrilled with this!  Congrats to your whole studio!  How exciting! 

Excitement level is off the charts.  No dry eyes last night!
Berricre8v

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Loved the Sand Dance.

Excited for Amy Yakima, as we have seen her at conventions and love her.

So happy that the tap dancers were featured, especially with some amazing Anthony Morigerato choreography.
My DD got to compete in a group piece choreographed by him last year and it was my favorite that she was in.

Interesting to think that they can make the ballroom dancers learn hip hop, the contemporary dancers learn ballroom, and the tappers learn contemporary, but there is no way that they could take a ballroom, contemporary or hip hopper and have them successfully pull off a tap number of that caliber in a week.
dancermom128

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmom

I LOVED the sand dance!!! I watched it twice!!
My2DanceLoves

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
In our house we were very excited about Amy , both Jazmine's , Nico , Tucker and Melice (sp?) making it.  Though after watching all the routines I think McKenzie (if I am remembering her name right)  was just breath taking. 

The Sand dance was just amazing .... so creative and I thought they all danced it beautifully.   The girls routine made me want to get inside Sonja's brain ...just for a minute or 2.  I love her choreography.

"Stay" - Mia Michaels .... when the music started I inwardly groaned as those of us who attend comps all know we will see endless lyrical solos to this next season ... but there were moments I was uttering incoherent sounds all through that piece.  The way those 2 girls hopped over the chairs and landed on the seats on the downbeat in the fashion they did ,  had me clapping and uttering nonsensical sounds of appreciation    I LOVED it.  I must admit though , I didn't notice the guy until he sat in the chair at the end ...the girls were just dancing that beautifully.

Forget her name just now , but hip hop girl ???  Killed it!   She could end up being one of my favorites.  She totally outdanced Fic-shun. (sp?)

I posted in the other thread that I was hoping they would not take BOTH animators on the show ..... I take that back.  I loved their routine , but I do think for atleast one of them their journey will be short , for the other , not much longer. 

I could be wrong though .... 2 animators ...3 tappers , endless contemporary dancers and the rest ballroom.  Not a very well rounded cast this season , but I do think that may work to the advantage of a very interesting season after all .   Pumped!
Curandera

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
I haven't seen the whole show yet.  It is really hard for me to multi-task and watch this show.  I love it!

I did see the sand dance and the last number with the two girls.  Fantastic!

I hated seeing the last girl get cut.  She was so close!  But she has some major bragging rights to have gotten so far.  Let's face it.  Those are some amazing dancers and the show is trying to expand the diversity of dancers rather than all contemporary.  So the number of spots open for contemporary dancers is really less than 20.
dancedreamer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I will be quite honest, I watch the show more for the choreography than the dancers. I occasionally fall for a dancer or two but I really do admire those choreographers. And as always Mia and Sonya were miles beyond everyone else last night. Mia's trio piece made me feel something way down in my gut--- it was so beautiful and so honest and so Mia! I loved it. And Sonya's top 20 number was freaking amazing. To be able to take 20 dancers of such contrasting styles and create that is true genius. I will watch that for years to come! 
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berricre8v
Loved the Sand Dance.

Excited for Amy Yakima, as we have seen her at conventions and love her.

So happy that the tap dancers were featured, especially with some amazing Anthony Morigerato choreography.
My DD got to compete in a group piece choreographed by him last year and it was my favorite that she was in.

Interesting to think that they can make the ballroom dancers learn hip hop, the contemporary dancers learn ballroom, and the tappers learn contemporary, but there is no way that they could take a ballroom, contemporary or hip hopper and have them successfully pull off a tap number of that caliber in a week.

I agree about learning a tap number.  I would love to see some tap on this show.  I'm sure many of these dancers have taken tap over the years. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: