Register Calendar New Posts

Author Comment

clavamommy

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi!  My sister is looking for a studio in the Philadelphia area.  she said she wouldn't mind driving into Jersey either...possibly the Cherry Hill area.  They live inside the city of Philly.  Any suggestions on good, friendly studios?  Thanks so much!!!
dance2go

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
What kind of studio?  Ballet?  Competition?

kcapone

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I sent you a pm. Besides the ones I sent you.  If she is interested in strictly ballet, the Pennsylvania Ballet just opened their very own school, or should I say reopened.

http://www.paballet.org/capitalCampaign_opening.html

Also, Koresh has a great school, if I lived in Philly I would send my child.

http://www.koreshdance.org/

Now these are if you are not really interested in a competitive studio.  I sent you some of them in a pm.
clavamommy

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks so much!  She checked out a couple and they had to be 3 to start, but her little one is only 2.  I wonder if any of them would take a younger kiddo?
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
If she's two then she should look into a kindermusic or a gymboree class (or non-franchises of the same type).  She should wait on dance classes till she's just a little older.  Even six months matters a lot at that age.
ERIN'SMA

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

I second the kindermusic idea...DD loved it when she was that age!

dancemonkey

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Try Makin Music.  It's a great program in the Philadelphia area for little ones.

dancerinpa

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi. There are alot of great schools in Philly. If you want really good ballet there is the Rock School, Christopher Flemming just opened a studio and PA Ballet is opening one as well this fall. My dd has a friend who is an apprentice at Chris Flemming and loves it. My dd has taken classes at Koresh. They are more modern/ contemp. Most of the studios in Philly are not comp studios but they produce amazing dancers. It just depends on what she wants. If you want an all around great studio look into Rock School West in West Chester PA. This is where my dd went. I cant say enough great things about them. I would stay away from Jersey. It can be hard to get across the bridge during the times she would have to go and its expensive to cross the bridge!
1&2&3&4

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerinpa
Hi. There are alot of great schools in Philly. If you want really good ballet there is the Rock School, Christopher Flemming just opened a studio and PA Ballet is opening one as well this fall. My dd has a friend who is an apprentice at Chris Flemming and loves it. My dd has taken classes at Koresh. They are more modern/ contemp. Most of the studios in Philly are not comp studios but they produce amazing dancers. It just depends on what she wants. If you want an all around great studio look into Rock School West in West Chester PA. This is where my dd went. I cant say enough great things about them. I would stay away from Jersey. It can be hard to get across the bridge during the times she would have to go and its expensive to cross the bridge!

Christoper Flemming's ballet school is called The Philadelphia Ballet School http://www.philadelphiaballetschool.com/ at it is located at 1802 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA 19145. The city studio's usually don't do comp teams, that seems to be more a suburb thing, so if your sister is looking for comp she may need to go outside the city.  The training these dancers get in the city is second to none, I've seen performances and the students are astounding.  It's really what your sister wants your daughter to go with dance.  Koresh is fabulous as well at The Rock, but that is rather expensive.  The Rock has a center city location, and then has the location in the burbs (West Chester, PA..called "The Rock West"), that is fabulous, none the less, but again, it's a suburban location and does not have the same feel as the studios in the city.  Good Luck to your sister. Philly is a fabulous city with a very wonderful and rich arts scene
kcapone

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Our school does creative movement at 2 years old, but it is in delaware county.
1&2&3&4

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcapone
Our school does creative movement at 2 years old, but it is in delaware county.

Flemming's studio has creative movement classes for 2 year olds I believe!!
dance2go

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Barbara sandonato is wonderul has and mother-child dance for 2 year olds!  http://sandonatoballetschool.org/?page_id=258

There is also Philadelphia Dance Theatre.  Dd loved it but it is too far away for us.  It is located in Mount Airy.  Small and nurturing with great performance opportunities.
dancemomforever

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #13 
If Your sisters child is ready to learn a dance in 3-4 days and go too a competition every week and will be willing to audition then the abby lee dance company in delaware would rock
KatieBsmom

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemomforever
If Your sisters child is ready to learn a dance in 3-4 days and go too a competition every week and will be willing to audition then the abby lee dance company in delaware would rock

It's in Pittsburgh.
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieBsmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemomforever
It's in Pittsburgh.

And that whole scenario's NOT REAL!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: