Author Comment

dancemama21

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceMom3285
Contestants:

Mckaylee True
Kalani Hilliker (Mother teaches at Club Dance, Just won Dance Awards)
Trinity Inay
Travis Atwood
Tyler Atwood
Sarina Jassy
Haley Huelsman
Chloe Beatty
Jojo Siwa (mother owns dance studio)
Ally Robinson (Goes to Mather Dance Company)
Gianna Newborg

No specific order

I don't think Kalani's mom teaches for Club Dance that is another Kira I believe but I may be wrong. 
mdancer

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemama21
Quote:
Contestants:

Mckaylee True
Trinity Inay
Travis Atwood
Tyler Atwood
Sarina Jassy
Haley Huelsman
Chloe Beatty
Gianna Newborg

No specific order

I don't think Kalani's mom teaches for Club Dance that is another Kira I believe but I may be wrong. 

You are correct! Kira Girard is Kalani's mom... The teacher at Club Dance is Kira Dimartino.
DanceMom3285

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdancer
Quote:
Quote:
Contestants:

Mckaylee True
Trinity Inay
Travis Atwood
Tyler Atwood
Sarina Jassy
Haley Huelsman
Chloe Beatty
Gianna Newborg

No specific order

You are correct! Kira Girard is Kalani's mom... The teacher at Club Dance is Kira Dimartino.

You are correct, I was confused with the same name! Oops! 
Dancexoxocolleen

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Haley Huelsman goes to a local studio around here. She lives in CT but travels two hours to Long Island. Brianna was at Joffrey but only for the summer. And just for the knowledge of all of you moms, while Joffrey NYC has a few good teachers and they are very pricey, they are not very exclusive. I know of multiple dancers who were accepted into their 'trainee' program who wouldn't even get into most other schools. They don't have any true connection to the Joffrey company in Chicago anymore. They do have a few good teachers, but the school isn't as good as it is portrayed.
dancemom74

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Jojo (or more likely, her mom Jessalyn) must have listed SynergyTech Jazz on the application. I presume that this may have something to do with the fact that the owner of SynergyTech died in January 2011. Of course, at that time, Jojo already had left SynergyTech for another studio (Cheryl Priess Dickey) after she had essentially danced independently (using the STDC name) the previous season. (To the best of my recollection, she never danced in any local competitions with STDC or was part of any group numbers).

[It should be noted that Jessalyn Siwa sold her dance studio to the deceased SO, who changed the name to STDC.)

You are correct that she sold her original studio which changed to Synergy Tech. I was not aware JoJo ever competed with STJC. My understanding is she wanted to take time off to just be a Mom. I don't understand your comment about STJC's SO's death. Totally unrelated and irrelevant. At least from what I heard and my DD has friends who danced there.

I'm sure when you're a studio owner for several years. You compete against other local studios it's probably quite challenging to find a studio for your own kid to compete with. Not only are you hyper critical of the technique/instruction but some other SOs may not like the idea of a prior SO joining their studio. But she since opened another studio. It's called Just Dance. They do not compete. The competition I saw JoJo at she competed under the True Dance studio. She was in some small groups, trio and a solo. She did very well. It was entertaining to watch her. 
musicmom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdancer
Quote:
Quote:
Contestants:

Mckaylee True
Trinity Inay
Travis Atwood
Tyler Atwood
Sarina Jassy
Haley Huelsman
Chloe Beatty
Gianna Newborg

No specific order

You are correct, I was confused with the same name! Oops! 
musicmom

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Contestants:

Mckaylee True
Trinity Inay
Travis Atwood
Tyler Atwood
Sarina Jassy
Haley Huelsman
Chloe Beatty
Gianna Newborg

No specific order

McKaylee's mother also runs a studio.
ommax3

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemom74
Quote:
Jojo (or more likely, her mom Jessalyn) must have listed SynergyTech Jazz on the application. I presume that this may have something to do with the fact that the owner of SynergyTech died in January 2011. Of course, at that time, Jojo already had left SynergyTech for another studio (Cheryl Priess Dickey) after she had essentially danced independently (using the STDC name) the previous season. (To the best of my recollection, she never danced in any local competitions with STDC or was part of any group numbers).

[It should be noted that Jessalyn Siwa sold her dance studio to the deceased SO, who changed the name to STDC.)

You are correct that she sold her original studio which changed to Synergy Tech. I was not aware JoJo ever competed with STJC. My understanding is she wanted to take time off to just be a Mom. I don't understand your comment about STJC's SO's death. Totally unrelated and irrelevant. At least from what I heard and my DD has friends who danced there.

I'm sure when you're a studio owner for several years. You compete against other local studios it's probably quite challenging to find a studio for your own kid to compete with. Not only are you hyper critical of the technique/instruction but some other SOs may not like the idea of a prior SO joining their studio. But she since opened another studio. It's called Just Dance. They do not compete. The competition I saw JoJo at she competed under the True Dance studio. She was in some small groups, trio and a solo. She did very well. It was entertaining to watch her. 

Well, Jojo no longer is with True Dance, so I guess that you were fortunate to see her dance with the other girls.

Jessalyn and Jojo are running out of Omaha-area studios to join. With the former SynergyTech girls at Kitty Lee now, that studio is out. (Plus, Jojo would be 3rd best in the Junior age group at that studio, which also may have been why they left STJC initially.) Maybe she will just go completely independant, since teamwork has not proven to be her strongest attribute recently.

As far as Jojo's and Jessalyn's diva attitudes, when you have to join a new studio, after burning yoru bridges elsewhere, you can't be too critical, especially since CPD is one of the best in this area of the country.

Yes, I know all about Just Dance. I have been part of the dance scene in Omaha for several years. My kids are close in age to Jojo, and seen some of the dance histrionics first hand.
notime

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
DD became friends with McKaylee last year at nationals and found her to be not just a fabulous dancer but a very nice girl.  I hope she does well.
bopmom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
so when is it scheduled to come on?
Gizheiuranin

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopmom
so when is it scheduled to come on?

September 3rd
magshoff

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #27 
After watching videos on all the contestants all I can say is if McKaylee doesn't win I'll be sad. The control she has over every single move she makes is incredible. She comes off so mature in her dancing, you can definitely see the ballet training in her. I'm not a huge fan of "competition" dancers because I grew up in a non competitive dance studio where ballet and technique was our priority. The thing that drives me crazy is when people with poor technique attempt to do turns and leaps they don't really know how to do correctly. Once again this is based off the videos I saw, and granted lots of them were from a couple years ago. For all I know a lot of these kids could have improved since then.
dancemama21

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #28 
It is bad that I'm already picking out the people I can see being chosen for Dance Moms? hehe. I can see Jojo and her mother on the ALDC They would seem to really fit in there. The brothers I could see maybe doing 1 or 2 episodes. I think Kalani could be on the show as well maybe a threat for Maddie even though she is older. 
BoosMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermom128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoganyDANCE
Interesting spoilers. I won't be tuning in either somebody posted a picture of Maddie with two boys she tagged AUDC2 , so at least one of them are on the show. They had very similar first names and the same last name (I am assuming they are brothers). On one of the boys pages he said follow my sister she is also a contest on AUDC. So maybe all three?
They are twin bothers, Tyler and Travis Atwood. They are big Pulse dancers, we see them every year. They were both Protégés this year and are very nice, very talented dancers. Their mom is very nice, as well.

ETA: One of them tends to be a stronger dancer than the other, but I'm not sure which.

I have seen the brothers at Jump - one won best male dancer last year (2012) and other brother won the year before (2011)
overthedramamama

Novice Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommax3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemom74
Quote:

Well, Jojo no longer is with True Dance, so I guess that you were fortunate to see her dance with the other girls.

Jessalyn and Jojo are running out of Omaha-area studios to join. With the former SynergyTech girls at Kitty Lee now, that studio is out. (Plus, Jojo would be 3rd best in the Junior age group at that studio, which also may have been why they left STJC initially.) Maybe she will just go completely independant, since teamwork has not proven to be her strongest attribute recently.

As far as Jojo's and Jessalyn's diva attitudes, when you have to join a new studio, after burning yoru bridges elsewhere, you can't be too critical, especially since CPD is one of the best in this area of the country.

Yes, I know all about Just Dance. I have been part of the dance scene in Omaha for several years. My kids are close in age to Jojo, and seen some of the dance histrionics first hand.

I have never quite understood why people feel it necessary to go on public forums and trash others anonymously but if you must do so at least be correct in your facts. Jojo danced at her mother's studio, Dance Unlimited, until it was sold and renamed Synergy Tech. She danced in groups for that studio for two years (check you tube) before leaving and joining CPD in Lincoln.  She did groups with that studio for a year before it was sold and renamed HJ Dance. When that studio was sold a number of dancers left the company.  She was with True when she left to do AUDC.  Sometimes dancers grow beyond studios and sometimes the atmosphere at a studio changes as others join and some leave. No one knows why dancers leave studios. However, I would wager that if you look at the truly competitive dancers, you will find more that have been to at least two studios during their competition years than you will find who remained at the same studio their entire time. It is the way the competition world is. If you want to slam every dancer in the area who has been to more than one studio, you will find quire a few families who have been to more studios that Jojo and Jessalynn. Perhaps you shouldn't judge what you don't know.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CROHX6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001CROHX6&linkCode=as2&tag=dancemcom-20