Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BalletMom2

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone have suggestions for summer ballet intensives that are 3 or 4 weeks long for a 13 year old? We would prefer them to be on the east coast, but anything would be helpful.
ggsmith

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Patel Conservatory/Next Generation Ballet in Tampa offers 2, 3, or 5 weeks. 

ABT's intensive in Alabama is 3 weeks, and the Tampa location is 4 weeks.

PasDeChatMom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Bolshoi Ballet Academy's CT program has a 3-week option.

The Rock has 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6 week options I believe.
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

There are several August intensives in NYC that are 3 weeks, but I don't think any of them have housing if that is a necessity. Manhattan Youth Ballet, French Academie, Fabrice Herrault (Ailey Extension Program), and several others. 

Gelsey Kirkland has a 3 week Junior SI for up to age 13 and another 4 week SI (Classical Repertory) in addition to their longer programs. They do have housing available. 

tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Jeffrey Ballet School's NYC program allows you to choose how many weeks you want to go, at least for the earlier part of the summer. DD went many years ago for just 2 weeks at the start of their program. Not a competitive program for acceptance (they take everyone as far as I know, audition is for placement purposes as well as scholarships).
tiptoemom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
are you looking for housing or are you going with her and renting a place?
threegirlpileup

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Carolina Ballet in Raleigh, NC offers 2, 3, or 5 weeks.  My dd did this a number of years ago and it was very good.  Many reviews on BTFD.

beetle1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Preferred region of the East Coast? What are you looking for training wise?
BalletMom2

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks to all for the suggestions. We are looking for housing, and we would prefer New England. Currently, we know she will be auditioning for Kaatsbaan, Nutmeg, and Joffrey. She wants something challenging with lots of dancing so that she will be able to get a lot out of a shorter intensive. One of her ideas, though I am not sure if we could afford it, is to do a week or two of Joffrey and also attend Kaatsbaan or Nutmeg.

beetle1

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Bolshoi in CT has two 3 week sessions that are residential. Highly recommend it. They do a lot of technique, repertoire, etc. Very little down time but my DD loves the social aspect as well as how rigorous it is.
PasDeChatMom

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle1
Bolshoi in CT has two 3 week sessions that are residential. Highly recommend it. They do a lot of technique, repertoire, etc. Very little down time but my DD loves the social aspect as well as how rigorous it is.

I also highly recommend Bolshoi, my daughter attended this summer (2017) at age 13. She only attended the first 3-week session and came back noticeably stronger.
Emmie46

High Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 
AAB has 2-8 weeks
cdnmom

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #13 

ProArteDanza's 2018 Summer Training Program (a 4-week intensive in classical ballet and contemporary dance to be held July 30-August 25, 2018) is thrilled to officially launch the Junior Aspirante Program for ages 12-14.

Auditions will take place at the
National Ballet School
400 Jarvis St
Toronto, Ontario on
Sunday January 28th, 2018 

The audition schedule is as follows:
Junior Aspirante: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm (ages 12-14)
Aspirante: 1:00-3:30pm (ages 15-18)
Apprentice: 4:00-6:30pm (ages 19+)

To register and for any questions regarding the audition and/or the program. Email training@proartedanza.com 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.