Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
lbgarner

High Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 37
Reply with quote  #1 
Any guesses for the most overplayed songs at competitions this upcoming season? 

I predict "Thunder" by Imagine Dragons and any new Taylor Swift
0
rubydancemom

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 121
Reply with quote  #2 
"What's My Name" from Descendants 2 since "Rotten to the Core" was overdone from the original
0
lbgarner

High Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 37
Reply with quote  #3 
Yep![rolleyes] It was so overdone. 
0
jackilvsmath

High Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 43
Reply with quote  #4 
Praying.
0
dncemom01

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,124
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackilvsmath
Praying.


I agree and we of course are dancing to it [rolleyes]
0
jackilvsmath

High Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 43
Reply with quote  #6 
We are too! 🙄
0
nyklane

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 157
Reply with quote  #7 
Perhaps...Love so Soft 
Totally agree with those so far!
(my daughter wanted whats my name.. took a month for her to realize no means no!)  Although her team mate is dancing to rotten to the core this year!
0
Cupcake

Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 11
Reply with quote  #8 
We have a "Thunder" Lol!
0
heidi459

Avatar / Picture

Diamond Member
Registered:
Posts: 6,027
Reply with quote  #9 
For whatever it's worth.... Overdone in one region/at one comp may barely be done at all in/at another.  Just saying.... for those who get worried.  What matters most is if the kids love the song, not if the audience is going to roll their eyes and say "again???".  And the judges?  They don't really care.  It's not going to influence the score
0
Kfish1987

High Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 130
Reply with quote  #10 
I don't see any of those song in the competition/convention this weekend
0
momcrew

High Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 607
Reply with quote  #11 
I don't see any of those on the comp list from Tremaine this past weekend either. I see "Feel it Still" and we're using that for a large group routine this year. Meh. Everyone may have it but I think it's what you do with the music that matters most. And the girls all love it. 
0
MagnoliaDanceMom

Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #12 
My vote is on Praying as well...
0
MNDanceDad

Avatar / Picture

Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momcrew
I don't see any of those on the comp list from Tremaine this past weekend either. I see "Feel it Still" and we're using that for a large group routine this year. Meh. Everyone may have it but I think it's what you do with the music that matters most. And the girls all love it. 


I agree with you here.  SO much of how a routine affects me emotionally is because of the music choice.  An otherwise amazing choreography can be flattened by a crummy song.  If it's a good song, and it works with the dance...I don't think it can be overused.
0
sarahannexo

High Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydancemom
"What's My Name" from Descendants 2 since "Rotten to the Core" was overdone from the original


LOL You beat me to it!!!!!
0
NCKDAD

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 335
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi459
For whatever it's worth.... Overdone in one region/at one comp may barely be done at all in/at another.  Just saying.... for those who get worried.  What matters most is if the kids love the song, not if the audience is going to roll their eyes and say "again???".  And the judges?  They don't really care.  It's not going to influence the score


I agree- my kids do some pretty standard songs solowise and always do very well. If it works it works. I will say it’s the trendy new radio songs that tend to irk me. We rarely if ever do those. But basically if it works it works so go for it in my opinion.
0
lbgarner

High Bronze Member
Registered:
Posts: 37
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCKDAD
I agree- my kids do some pretty standard songs solowise and always do very well. If it works it works. I will say it’s the trendy new radio songs that tend to irk me. We rarely if ever do those. But basically if it works it works so go for it in my opinion.
  Yeah, trendy Top 40 irk me too although I have seen them done and been impressed.
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.