Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Shadamae

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
So this year our dance studio is having two recital shows. One afternoon and one evening. There are too many little dancers and one show would be too long so they split it up. I have one competition dancer and one recreational dancer. My recreational dancer is only in the afternoon show and my comp dancer is doing some dances inf the early show and all in the late show. The SO and teachers thought it would be a good idea to have a cast party between shows to feed the dancers and parent volunteers. Great! Or so I thought. I heard that this party may only be for the competition dancers. I'm really hoping that is not the case. My recreational dancer is in the opening number in both shows. How do I tell her sorry you're leaving and your sister is staying for a party with tons of food? I don't know if there are other recreational dancers in both shows but if there is I can't imagine that they would be told they can't stay to eat. I'm really hoping that they include all the kids in both shows. Especially since the parents are paying for it. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks!
prancer

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Parents of dancers needing to stay for both shows should certainly be able to feed themselves and their other children.  I wouldn't make a big deal of it.  I would just pay enough to cover all your dancers and yourself.  I assume they are trying to avoid a room filled with tiny recreational dancers who don't need to stay for both shows by emphasizing the competition team. 
tappinmom

Double Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Our studio always had 3 shows - Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Saturday night.  Friday during the day was dress rehearsal.  The rec kids always rehearsed in the morning and then the comp kids were there the rest of the day and sometimes almost right up to showtime.  When that happened the studio would bring in pizza for the comp dancers because they wouldn't have time to go and eat.  The rec dancers never knew because they were all gone home.  I would think if it is between shows it should be open to everyone who is still going to be there.
Shadamae

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I absolutely agree we can feed our own kids. We have done it every year so far. I wasn't saying that they should feed every dancer - that would be crazy. But those that will be there for both shows should be included whether competition dancer or recreational. I did ask the SO and she seemed caught off guard as if it were something she didn't think of initially. Dancers and parent volunteers that are there for both shows will be included. Mystery and worry over. Thanks for the feedback all.
jwsqrdplus2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Our studio does 3 shows, and we offer an optional meal between the afternoon and evening show.  It is open to comp dancers and their families.  We do not offer it to rec only families since the last show is mostly company dancers; any rec dances in that show are only in that show.  However, a family in your situation would be able to take advantage for both your comp and rec dancers.

We actually sign up and pay in advance.  Each person who paid is given a ticket, and they have to surrender the ticket to go through the line for food.  Usually we get Subway or Jimmy John's and supplement it with fresh fruit, veggies, chips and water from Costco or Sams.  We only get enough for those who pay in advance (and a little extra).  It seems to work well for our studio.  Some families participate and are quite grateful to have the option.  Others choose to leave or bring their own food.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: