Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Good for her. 

http://deadline.com/2015/11/dance-moms-chloe-lukasik-center-stage-dance-camp-lifetime-1201602161/
tendumom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Congrats to Chloe.

But, bummer.

Not that I had any expectations, but it is "the American Ballet Academy." The premise is just all wrong. Dance camp competition? This should simply take place at a summer intensive, not a "competition." 

We take our "Center Stage" seriously here! LOL! My daughter and her best friends from age 12ish watched it so many times that they could recite the entire movie word for word. It didn't hurt that some of their teachers were in the movie (not in major roles but still fun to catch a quick view of them in the classes or on stage)

I am sure we will still watch the movie and will complain and laugh about it. At least this will be family viewing, unlike some of the same dancers in Flesh and Bone! 
FantabulouslyCherry

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Way to go, Chloe! But Lifetime has this bad habit of making horrendous movies (Full House, Saved By The Bell, that "movie" with Will Farrell and Kristen Wiig...I could go on forever).
Jacaranda

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Am I the only one who is very surprised Chloe has been cast in a movie, she doesn't seem like an actor to me.
meatball77

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
It's a lifetime movie, hopefully it'll be so bad it's fantastic.
emmymom

High Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacaranda
Am I the only one who is very surprised Chloe has been cast in a movie, she doesn't seem like an actor to me.

Nope, you're not the only one surprised.  I do know that she and her mother are in high gear promoting her just about everywhere though. 
heidi459

Diamond Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I'm so glad to see how different they were from the other cast members.... that they weren't really in it for the limelight afterall (insert sarcasm)
dmjrm4

High Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I'm already envisioning the slumber party with my DD and her dance friends the night this movie premieres on Lifetime....
my2miracles

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I don't watch Lifetime movies very much but the Gabby Douglas movie was really good.  I'll be interested to see if Chloe can act.  I wonder if she'll play a significant role or is just being used to draw viewers.  I'm not surprised that they cast her.  She has a huge fan base - all of whom will be watching this movie.  Smart move on their parts.
5678StarMom

High Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Exactly! I don't watch lifetime movies but I will watch this one. It has more to do with the premise of the movie being about dance than Chloe, even though I'm curious how she will do as well. I suspect that she will be really good...she was taking acting lessons way back in the day during the first season of dance moms.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: